Desk job? Don’t worry! The secret to lose weight at work is to eat less and move more. Whilst this can be difficult if you’re sat down most of the day, if you pledge to incorporate as many of our tips into your daily routine as possible, your body will thank you!
Water has many health benefits and doctors recommend drinking 8 glasses a day. Often when we think we are hungry we in fact just thirsty! Have a glass of water before your meals and you will feel fuller.
If you aren’t a fan of plain H20, you can get hydration from water-rich foods such as cucumber, watermelon or soup. Another great tip is to boost your metabolism with a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning.
You’re sweet enough. Ditch the sugar!
Too much sugar can build dangerous belly fat which is difficult to get rid of. Choose healthier options and avoid the following non nutritious sugary treats…
- Sugary Coffee drinks. Switch to tea, it’s calorie free (until you add milk or sugar).
- Fruit Juice. Eat the fruit instead, it will be more nutritious.
- Biscuits. Remove the biscuit barrel from your desk and leave your wallet at home so you can’t visit the vending machine!
- Processed Foods. Sugar and sweeteners are hidden in many of our favourite foods, eat clean to avoid the hidden sugar.
Take the long way around
Being more active is good for the body and mind. Find ways to incorporate more movement into your daily routine, such as:
- Walking or cycling to work
- Taking the stairs instead of the lift
- Walking whilst taking business calls
- Visiting the gym or walking on your lunch break
- Fidgeting at your desk
Remember, every little bit of exercise will add up!
Don’t starve! Choose protein
If you deny your body food it will start storing fat, plus you will probably get so hungry that you’re more likely to binge at your next meal.
Choose Clean, Lean, Protein to help you feel full and build muscle which burns fat. Here are some of the best protein sources you can add into your meal plan.
- Unsalted nuts
- Fish and Seafood
- Greek Yoghurt
Whether your goal is to lose your holiday weight or fit back into your favourite skinny jeans, remind yourself of your goals with pictures on your desk or motivational quotes on your phone or computer. A good way to keep motivated is by practising moderation. Try the 80/20 rule: aim to eat well 80% of the time, allowing yourself 20% indulgence.
Looking for your next job? Visit CV-Library to search over 100,000 vacancies.