Salary: £22000 - £30000/annum Competitive Job Type: Permanent Location: Glasgow, Strathclyde
Toolstation is one of the UK's fastest growing companies and as such can offer retail career development opportunities that are second to none!
Now owned by Travis Perkins group plc, Toolstation are able to offer great benefits to our employees; including discount on products across the Travis Perkins Group, company share save schemes and more!
We are currently looking for an Experienced Store Manager to join our team in our Glasgow sales counter:
You will be responsible for managing a small team of people providing a high level of customer service to tradesmen and the general public.
Typical management duties include;
* Managing the staff (typical team is 6 - 10 full and part time employees). This will include recruitment, training and discipline
* Controlling the stock and ensuring accuracy of the stock file (10,000+ sku's)
* Overseeing all payment / cash processes and banking
* Managing the site including security and key holding
* Ensuring a high level of customer service (this will involve being visible and leading by example)
Previous experience required;
* Management or supervisory experience in a Retail Environment ideally managing high volume sales
* You will be a confident communicator, a natural motivator, a strong administrator and subtle sales-person
* You will be reliable, trustworthy and conscientious
* Previous experience in a Trade / DIY environment is not necessary
* Able to use a computer and operate standard electronic payment systems
Terms and Conditions
* Hours - 40 per week typically 5 days over 7 on a rota basis
* Opening hours are 7am - 7pm Monday to Saturday and 9am - 4pm Sunday
* Rota's will be decided by the mgt team to suit each branch
* Holiday is 28 days per annum (including Bank Holidays)
* Uniform will be provided