The position for Chief Piping Engineer in Basingstoke is no longer available
Chief Piping Engineer
QUALIFICATIONS :- HNC Engineering ( Minimum) Bsc Engineering Preferred)
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE :-
• Is familiar with a wide range of aspects of equipment and systems that comprise the make-up of plant, plot layout, and design for the petrochemical, chemical and associated industries.(both onshore and offshore experience required).
• Has sufficient practical experience to be able to recognise the influence of safety, reliability, constructability, maintenance and operability requirements on the selection of the appropriate design solutions.
• Has sufficient understanding of stress, piping materials, and CAD systems to be able to recognise the need for, and most suitable applications are employed on projects.
• Has sufficient knowledge of other engineering disciplines points of interface to be able to coordinate flow of data.
• Is able to review piping designs and plant layouts to ensure they meet the project requirements and criteria.
• Applies commercial judgement in resolving technical problems.
• Is able to run design review meetings as defined in the project quality plans and general engineering and operating procedures.
• Assists in the preparation of design practices and procedures identified by the Chief Engineer as being necessary to improve the operation and efficiency of the Piping discipline.
• As Project Specialist Leader, provides technical advice and direction to members of the Piping project team.
• Plans, monitors and controls the piping activities of a project in accordance with the requirements of allocated budgets and schedules.
• Has sufficient knowledge of current National and International codes and standards to ensure their proper application to the piping design function
• Is computer and CAD literate sufficiently enough to utilise commercially available software and apply it to the execution of the piping design functions. A working knowledge of the PDS 3D design software is an advantage.
• Has worked in a design office environment With relevant experience in a Lead Piping Engineer position.