Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, based in South Yorkshire are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer.
* Design profitable mechatronic products according to the companies design rules that meet specified customer and internal requirements.
* Produce thorough and accurate design project documentation that gains the approval of a senior design engineer & R&D mechanical manager.
* Verify designs with care and thoroughness so that all failures to meet requirements are prevented.
* Validate products with care and thoroughness so that all failures to meet requirements are corrected in a timely manner and communicated effectively to the customer.
* Implement design changes that are evaluated for feasibility, cost and timing and implemented with care and thoroughness, gaining the approval of the R&D mechanical manager.
* Contribute effectively to a cross-functional development team both within the company and with customers.
* Give timely effective support to the customer?s needs so that they do not express dissatisfaction.
* Support the quality and pre-production departments with APQP, PPAP and FMEA documentation.
* Support the manufacturing departments on design matters relating to products being introduced into, or already in production.
* Contribute effectively to cost-reduction activities.
* Provide technical support to sales and marketing to obtain new business.
* Give full commitment to training, succession planning, recruitment, communication, health and safety, housekeeping and personal discipline.
* The role will involve foreign travel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Essentailly you must be have one of the following:
* Degree in mechanical engineering with 1 year relevant experience.
* HND/HNC with 3 years relevant experience.
* OND/ONC with 5 years relevant experience.
* Draughtsperson / apprentice with internal training completed.
Relevant experience means all of the following:
* Mechanical design work using a CAD system (CATIA V5 preferred) and state-of-the-art CAE techniques (SLA, SLS, FEA etc).
* Design of small technical plastic injection moulded components
* Involvement in team work internally and with the customer
* Involvement in good practice mechatronic development process.
* Design for manufacture within a medium to high volume environment.
* A working knowledge of FMEA, APQP, PPAP and VA/VE.
Ideal candidates will come from a automotive, precision engineering or medical background.
You will be paid a basic salary of between £25,000 and £29,000 (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits.