The position for Graduate Mechanical Engineer in Wiltshire is no longer available
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Graduate Mechanical Engineer (Design, Project, Research and Development)
£20,000 to £22,000 + Company Contributory Pension + Generous Benefits Package
Graduate Mechanical Engineer required by a dynamic British manufacturing company that sells its products internationally and has recently won product innovation and international trade awards.
This varied and challenging role covers everything from design and development, project management, preparation of technical documentation and communication between engineering and commercial departments.
The company is renowned both nationally and internationally for its engineering design and product capabilities. They are a stable employer and have an exceptional export order book. 2012 is set to be a fantastic year for them as demand for their core product grows and they move into new markets.
The wide ranging scope of this role is specifically intended to allow for the successful candidate to develop – the direction of which is not prescribed, so that opportunities will exist for the successful candidate to progress their career in the direction that best suits them, eg. design, project engineering, technical sales.
* Product design and development, research, participation in technical reviews, testing, monitoring, and modification in the field.
* Optimization of designs to suit the in-house production facilities, which will include coordination with manufacturing.
* R&D work including product testing.
* Project engineering and management.
* Preparation of instruction manuals and other technical documentation.
* The basic working hours for this post are 42.5 hours per week from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm with 30 minutes lunch break.
* Will hold a Mechanical Engineering degree or similar.
* Effective communication skills, enthusiasm, flexibility, and thoroughness.
* Good team player.
* Resourceful hands-on approach to technical problem solving.
* Practical engineering skills.