The position for Project Planning Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical/Site work) in Leicestershire is no longer available
Project Planning Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical/Site work)
Project Planning Engineer - mechanical/electrical engineering qualification - experience of working in a planning environment - broad engineering background - Mechanical/Electrical Design or Production Engineers who wish to change career direction will be considered - based Leicester - salary £25 - 30K according to experience
We are looking for a Project Planning Engineer with experience of working in a planning environment and a varied and broad engineering background
Candidates for the position of Project Planning Engineer should have hands-on practical experience of site work and a HNC or higher, ideally in mechanical/electrical engineering.
Good Mechanical/Electrical Design or Production Engineers that are looking to change the direction of their careers will be considered for this role and trained if considered suitable
The role of Project Planning Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical/Site work) will suit a candidate who is highly motivated and wishes to develop their leadership skills within a project team.
You must be adaptable and capable of working on multiple plans simultaneously.
An Engineering related degree, experience within a manufacturing environment and in the use of MSP, P3 and P6 would be a distinct advantage.
Day to day duties of the Project Planning Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical/Site work) will include:
* Preparing tender programme from initial tender document, showing project outline
* Liaising with all personnel involved in the project to determine an overall project plan
* Amplifying and developing the project detail
* Producing a detailed workable plan at tender stage
* Entering the plan into a computer-based planning tool
* Carrying out network analysis (identifying critical path)
* Producing agreed contract plans
* Monitoring the performance of project implementation using EVA techniques
* Identifying and assisting in solving problem areas
* Producing rolling plans - continuous update
* Producing formal reports
The Project Planning Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical/Site work) will be a team player with good communication skills who is numerate with good analytical skills
The successful candidate will need to satisfy relevant security clearance requirements
OTJ specialises in engineering and engineering related positions. We are currently looking for Project Managers and Engineers, designers, draughts people, Mechanical, electrical and Electronics Design engineers and draughts people, service engineers, sales engineers, avionics engineers and buyers
All candidates should have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
This vacancy is advertised by Otj Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised are those of an employment agency