The position for Quality Engineer - 1808292 in Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham, England is no longer available
Quality Engineer - 1808292
We seek a Quality Engineer for an ongoing contract based in County Durham.
Caterpillar Articulated Trucks is located in Peterlee (County Durham). The facility"s manufacturing activities utilise the latest computer analysis techniques, robotic technology, and a "state of the art" paint plant along with rigorous attention to quality. Machines are shipped from the site to customers around the world, typically used in the aggregates and mining industries.
AS Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting their Quality Management System for a business division. Advise operations teams on production and product issues based on customer feedback through investigation, analysis and team leadership to resolve quality issues and drive continuous improvement. Exercises independent judgment with direction from supervisor.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Quality Assurance for a business division by performing product test procedures
- Validating product specifications
- Performing audits, and leading product reliability improvements via New Product Introduction program and Continuous Product Improvement programs.
- Develops plans and tools to support quality systems and related processes for a business division.
- The incumbent provides support for quality programs and certifications, as well as Lean Manufacturing and systems implementations.
- Supports business division employees tracking continuous quality improvement projects and a quality scorecard
- Leading internal quality programs
- Developing related training programs,
- Conducting internal quality audits and facilitating management reviews.
Applicants must have a strong manufacturing background ideally within fabrications supported by process application and development knowledge. Act as a technical focal point for fabrication supplier activities directed towards process control and quality assurance. Work closely with internal departments such as NPI, Supply Chain and Production. Results orientated problem solver with excellent project management and communications skills. Experience Essential In depth knowledge of APQP and PPAP New product Introduction involvement Project Management experience Ability to read and understand Engineering Drawings.
Minimum 5 years in a quality role Good communication skills Dealing with people at all business levels Available to travel Preferred Experience / qualified Lead Auditor (minimum ISO 9001 : 2008) Light Fabrication production background Supplier development Six Sigma experience
A degree in an engineering or manufacturing-related discipline (or equivalent). Some relevant work experience. Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or in the quality field - preferred.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.