The position for Design Engineer in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England is no longer available
My client a global market leading manufacturing company within the Automotive sector. The company are experiencing a continual growth over the last few years and have a very strong order book and customer base. My client based in West Yorkshire offer a full manufacturing service including design and development work on site through manufacturing and final part assembly.
The main duties of the role will focus on the design and development and a range of cooling systems primarily for the companies range of electric power generation cooling systems. The post holder will be responsible for allowing technical progress to take place and bring projects through to delivery stage by working with internal and external teams to ensure customers requirements are met in full and on time and within budget
- Delivering designs and in line with customer requirements following company procedures and within production capabilities.
- Initiating technical gap analysis for new project/new customer request from design through to proto type manufacture and through to full production.
- Guide customers through requirements at design stage by providing information on company guidelines / thermodynamic and fluid transfer theory calculations / product issues.
- Carry out comprehensive project evaluations using theoretical tools, CAD designs, calculations, prototype and validation tests combined with customer liaison to ensure a best fit to product requirements.
- Developing solutions with the various teams co-ordinating design, development, validation, and manufacturing engineering activities facilitating two-way communication between internal departments and the customer.
- Participate in cross functional proactive and corrective action groups to ensure successful new product introduction to on-site manufacturing facility.
- Develop and present technical presentations to the customers and others on new or current projects.
- Compliance on detail design with related company and TS16949 Standards.
Key skills and experience
- Candidates should be educated to Degree level in a Mechanical Engineering discipline, or relevant industry experience. Candidates can be accepted with related disciplines but they should have a heavy mechanical engineering bias, ideally with an Automotive Engineering background.
- Automotive experience is preferred especially from a Tier 1 or 2 supplier but candidates should have a background in applications engineering in particular project management and NPI activities.
- Good 3D/2D Design experience, preferably in the use of Pro Engineer, including workings Geometric Dimensioning, and Thermodynamics.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.