The position for Field Engineer in City of London is no longer available
1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Employer in overseeing the technical and quality aspects of construction activities within an area of responsibility as appointed for a geographic location, contract or for a system.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Support the Employer in relation to the following:
* Assisting the Project Field Engineer in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities of the Supervisor under NEC3 ECC where agreed with the Employer.
* Undertaking reviews as required of contractor technical submittals, (including method statements and work package plans where obligated by third party agreements only).
* Providing Field Engineering input to the RFI / NCR / FCD process and where directed seeking input from the Technical Director's discipline specialists.
* Determining need (with the Project Field Engineer) to engage design authority for interpretation or approval of design changes or non-conformances which constitute design changes.
* Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications to resolve site based queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the Engineering Manager where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the contractor).
* Keeping the Project Field Engineer informed of technical issues on site.
* Monitoring the contractor's compliance with Environmental, Safety & Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
* Monitoring the contractor in ensuring that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality compliance with the Works Information Part 20 "Quality Requirements", Part 13 "Records to be Provided" and elements of Part 14 "Management and Administration of the Works".
* Supporting the PFE in the review and acceptance of contractor certification packages.
* Receiving and commenting on contractor daily reports.
* Assisting the Site Manager and Project Field Engineer with the authorisation of payment certificates. Providing input to the Business Manager on costs to be disallowed related to quality issues and NCRs.
* Supporting the PFE in the review and acceptance of the Contractor's Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs).
* Monitoring the contractor's compliance with their ITPs and participating in some witness and review points, seeking support as required from the Technical Director's discipline specialists.
* Providing input to the NCR and Snag List process at contract level seeking support as required from the Technical Director's discipline specialists and other specialist functions in evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk
3. Main challenges of the job
* Supporting the Employer in identifying key technical and quality issues for resolution.
* Supporting the Employer in building effective working relationships at the appropriate level within the contractor's team.
* Supporting the Employer in configuration control.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
Key working relationships
* Reports to Project Field Engineer
* Works closely with construction management and site management staff, area quality representatives, engineering manager and document controllers.
5. Knowledge and experience
* Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience
* Some experience of engineering and/or construction on major infrastructure projects.
* Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
* Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations
* Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures/regulations