The position for Engineering Team Leader in Helensburgh is no longer available
Engineering Team Leader
Job Title - Engineering Team Leader
Location - Helensburgh
Salary - £22,259 - £35,975
Our Client provides a wide range of engineering support services at HM Naval Base Clyde. We wish to appoint an Engineering team Leader to the Valiant Jetty organisation. This Jetty forms an integral part of the Nuclear Operations Division at HMNB Clyde and will become the main berthing facility directly supporting the Royal Navy's SSN fleet of submarines. Leading a newly recruited team of multi-disciplined technicians, you will ensure that ll operational and planned preventative maintenance tasks are completed and ay emergent system defects are rectified. Delivering high engineering standards, excellent customer service and a positive attitude to continuous improvement will be key facets of this role.
The main purpose of this role will be to deliver a customer focussed, efficient and cost effective engineering service for the Valiant Jetty Organisation. This role includes co-ordinating and supervising electrical and mechanical shutdowns both planned and unplanned, ensuring that the engineering technicians, base maintenance teams and contractors can conduct essential planned preventative and defect repair activities on the Facility.
Your duties will be:-
• Line management responsibilities for a multi-disciplined engineering team.
• Ensuring that all work tasks and requests are delivered in accordance with the planned preventative maintenance approved procedures.
• Involvement in the development of operational plans and programmes as required;ensuring effective planning, resourcing and control of engineering operations across the Facility.
• Managing the team to meet stringent customer service, budget and quality standards, identifying and reporting any shortcomings which would prevent berthing a nuclear powered warship.
• Controlling, monitoring and policing safety activities across the Facility and be involved in managing and auditing the Facility and its organisation against Base Authorised Conditions.
• Along with a second Engineering Team Leader, providing flexible working hour coverage to support the operational programme.
• Monitoring, contolling and continuously reviewing maintenance documentation and operating procedures, ensuring processes are valid and updated.
• Helping to develop and promote continuous improvement in Engineering, Health & Safety and Environmental culture at the facility and participation in the Babcock Health & Safety and Environmental programmes.
• Observance of safe working practices and reporting of all incidents in accordance with HMNB Clyde procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
The successful candidate should be technically competent having completed a recognised apprenticeship or trade qualification to HNC Level or higher.
• Previous line management/supervisory experience.
• Proven previous experience within a demanding operational environment.
• Demonstrate a rigorous and determined attitude towards maintenance, operational and training requirements.
• Demonstrate a strong safety culture and an ability to lead or support elements of the Jetty's Safety Management Arrangements with a thorough understanding and experience of Safe Systems of Work.
• Ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised and be part of a small, effective management team.
• Familiarisation and understanding of waterfront support activities including vessel overside service requiriements and berthing evolutions.
• Recognised qualification or experience in working with the following systems & processes:
• - Pressure Systems
• - Low Voltage Systemes
• - Confined Spaces
• - Hydraulic lifiting euipment
• - HVAC
• Engineering legislative and regulatory requirments
• Computer literate to Eurpoean Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)