The position for QC Inspector in Altens, Aberdeen is no longer available
A large Hydraulic Engineering company require a QC Inspector to join their team on permanent staff basis.
The ideal candidate will have five years or more experience within a manufacturing environment and recent QC experience. Applicants must also be computer literate and possess excellent communication skills.
Duties are as follows:
• Calibration of measuring equipment and maintenance of regular records Mics, Verniers, and Pressure Gauges.
• Keep records of gauges and fittings and regularly check condition.
• Check incoming goods against advice notes and certificates. Dimensions, Grade, Cast No. etc
• Responsible for identification of all incoming goods to keep traceability.
• Checking materials used comply with Job requirements as per MR or drawing
• Transfer of ID numbers to cut and machined parts as they move through works and to job cards.
• First Off & Batch Inspection of machined components, fabrication & Fitting.
• Ensuring offcuts returned to stock are still identifiable.
• Put forward proposals for documents such as inspected and hold labels and report sheets.
• Set up records and files for above items.
• Patrol inspections and dimensional, finish checks on machined parts and recording same.
• Separation and tagging of reject or rework parts.
• Bench inspection for cleanliness and following of written procedures where applicable during assembly and testing
• Preparation of completion certificates and document packages to customer satisfaction.
• Maintain records for Non-Conformances & Customer Complaints.
• Transfer QC record keeping to Q Pulse as far as possible.
• Oversee quality of packing/transportation requirements.
• Witnessing all hydraulic pressure tests Certified & Non Certified