The position for Web Developer in Oxford is no longer available
This company is a design-driven technology business that is developing a multi-platform database-driven consumer web application that helps people organise their lives. UX and design are at the very core of their product, and they are looking for a truly brilliant Front End Developer to join them.
Working collaboratively with the Head of Development, Digital Product Manager (UX) and the founders, the Front End developer will be instrumental in delivering cutting-edge, immersive web and mobile experiences that not only look fantastic but are also efficient, functional and technically best in class.
However, they want you completely focused on the front end. They are building their product from the ground up around UX, so you'll bring all of your experience, passion and belief to the front end. That's where your creative flair, originality and desire to do really great work will make a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the product team to deliver a best in class cross platform experience
- Deliver code which is well-tested and of a consistently high standard
- Maintain and support their goal USP of having UX at the centre of their multi-platform product
- Keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies and drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- Help in the creation of and own a culture of promoting new ideas and relentless product improvement to ensure the delivery of the best product possible
- 3 years' plus experience in front end development
- HTML (HTML5 would be advantageous), CSS (CSS3 would be advantageous)
- Experience and evidence of creating original, efficient and beautiful UI in a web application
- Experience with cross browser/platform compliant UI, testing etc.
- Agile Methodology
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative low- and high-fidelity prototyping
- Experience delivering a project through full life cycle
- Experience with implementation and management of multilingual content
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert proficiency in HTML, CSS
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3 would be advantageous
- ASP.Net, Visual Studio, MVC experience would be advantageous
- Mobile browser knowledge (iOS, Android, iPad, Tablet)
- Ability to build user interfaces using the latest web standards
- Expert knowledge of web accessibility and appreciation of its benefits
- Understanding of user-centred design principles
- Comfortable working with images in creative applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- You love this stuff
- You have a passion for CSS, HTML, modern web browsers and good design principles
- You are a passionate digital champion; you love the web, mobile, tablet, and the possibilities offered by emerging technologies
- You take pride in producing technically great work
- You are excited by the opportunity of designing an innovative multi-platform consumer web application from the ground up
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a start up
Benefits: 22 days holiday + public holidays, share options scheme