The position for Senior SQL DBA in Southampton is no longer available
Senior SQL DBA
Senior SQL DBA - Southampton - Maintenance, Admin and Support, T-SQL, MCDBA - £40,000 to £45,000 + Benefits.
Austin Fraser are representing their Southampton based client who are a European leader in Payment Solutions. We are looking for an experienced Senior SQL Server DBA to work as part of the Infrastructure team in their Purpose state of the art office / Datacentre location.
The Role :
* Maintenance, support and administration of production MS SQL database servers.
* Monitoring and improving system performance to ensure availability and performance of databases that support the company's products.
* Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources are allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
* Modification and manipulation of live transactional data for company and customer use within databases.
* Production and upkeep of database documentation and diagrammatical information
* Working with existing customers when required to maintain complete customer satisfaction and client relationships
* Interacting with the development team to assist with the analysis and design of database solutions. Implementation and release of database changes.
* Ensuring that the database servers continue to operate under PCI-DSS requirements.
Skills / Attributes Required
Experience and Skills :
* 5 years Operational SQL Server Database Administration experience with strong T-SQL skills.
* Microsoft Certification in SQL Server (MCDBA/MCITP)
* In depth experience of managing MS SQL 2000/2005/2008 with VLDB. Creation and optimisation of stored procedures along with index management.
* Extensive knowledge of monitoring performance and capacity along with fine tuning database systems to achieve optimal service delivery.
* Disaster Recovery and Replication.
* Practical experience in managing internal and external MS SQL database security.
* Good understanding of Microsoft Networking and Windows Server 2003/2008. Cluster knowledge would be beneficial as would experience of 3rd party vendor tools.
* Ability to adapt to required situations and a continuous aptitude to learn new skills and tasks and manage multiple diverse tasks simultaneously.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers.
Please send me your up to date CV in Word Format for immediate consideration and to have a chat in the first instance.