The position for Senior Support Engineer (Consultant) in London is no longer available
Senior Support Engineer (Consultant)
A leading name in the IT industry has an urgent requirement for a Senior Technical Support Engineer. This opportunity is based in London with a multi-billion dollar company that is part of an organisation that is a household name, with offices around the world and provide software and services to its customers.
In this role you will be responsible for investigating, diagnosing and resolving issues directly with a customer that is located directly opposite our clients site in Central London . The STSE works almost as a consultant and expected to have excellent client facing skills and act in a technical advisory capacity to peers and customers using enterprise web based java applications.
• Analyze and diagnose customer reported issues.
• Collaborate with development engineering where necessary
• Providing regular status reports to management of critical issues as needed.
• Provide escalation management to customers in mission critical scenarios
• Site visits will be a major part of your job initially for the first 6 months and only required from time to time to investigate and resolve urgent/difficult issues, and then be on-call.
• Bachelors Degree (essential)
• Familiarity with J2EE, particularly EJB, JMS and JSP knowledge (essential)
• Experience with Windows, Unix and/or Linux (essential)
• Experience with Oracle, Sybase and/or SQL Server
• Application server skills, particularly WebLogic
• Excellent customer service skills and understanding of customer technical and business requirements
• Web application programming experience
• Degree in Computer Science from a top university
This is a great opportunity to join a cash rich firm, with many opportunities for career progression and personal development many good company benefits and work for a company that looks after its employees.
Apply today for an interview direct with the client at a time to suit you.