The position for Assistant Manager in Woking, Surrey, England is no longer available
Are you a passionate about customer service?
Do you have management experience within a hospitality environment?
Do you want to develop your management career within a successful company?
If you are passionate about customer service, enjoy working in a team and want to work in a leisure environment then Gala Bingo is the place for you! Our vision is to make bingo fans, our regulars and our club colleagues love the "buzz" of Gala Bingo. Rooted in local communities, our many regulars love the fantastic service, the thrills and the social atmosphere of our clubs.
Gala Bingo is the UK's Number 1 bingo operator with over 140 clubs, more than 5 million members and up to £28 million in prizes every week - and with a team of over 4,000 colleagues there is scope to grow with us!
We are looking for vibrant people with a proven track record in leading or supervising a customer facing team within a fast paced hospitality, retail or leisure business to join our talent pool.
Gala Bingo is part of the Gala Coral Group - a major player in the European betting and gaming industry, focusing on high volume/low stake gambling both on the high street and online.
Interested in being part of our exciting future?
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented people who will relish the challenge of a fast paced and commercially competitive Bingo Club environment.
Within our Bingo clubs, we have 3 main departments: Hospitality, Gaming and Operations. We are currently looking for a Club Operations Manager - Hospitality.
Reporting to the General Manager, your role will be to coach and develop a team to deliver outstanding retail standards across the Food and Beverage department, in order to achieve all financial targets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting, training, coaching and developing a team who will deliver exceptional customer service and a great memorable customer experience
- Delivering the Hospitality department budget through the flawless execution and delivery of a clearly defined Hospitality profit plan. Devising, implementing and monitoring sales activities in order to achieve both gross and net % sales targets.
- Delivering and continuously improving service and standards across the Food and Beverage department
- Ensuring all practices comply with Health & Safety, HACCP and environmental health legislation and procedures
Skills, Knowledge and Behaviour:
- The ideal candidate will have previous management experience preferably for a large multi-site retail, hospitality or leisure business.
- You must have previous management experience in a hospitality environment. Knowledge of the legal implications for food handlers would be advantageous.
- You must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities and have the ability to generate and sustain effective work relationships with a diverse range of people.
- You will be self driven and continually looking to improve business performance. A high level of organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and remain focussed on priorities is important.
- As you would expect in such a role, superb people management and interpersonal skills are essential. The successful candidate will be required to gain a full understanding of all areas within the club, and must work across all of these as needed. A flexible and adaptable approach is therefore important in this role.
- We open our bingo clubs to suit our customer needs, therefore flexibility towards hours of work is a must in this role. In general, clubs are open from 10am to 11pm and working hours will be within this timeframe.
- Career development is important to us, and with over 140 clubs across the UK there are many opportunities to progress your career. Our Club Operations Managers are our General Managers and Regional Managers of the future.
On offer is a competitive package which includes:
- Club bonus - up to 10% of annual salary based on achievement of operating profit and other set objectives
- Pension - Money Purchase Scheme
- Induction and Training Programme
- London Allowance (location allowance for outer and inner London) - £900 - £1100