The position for Paint Shop Supervisor in Surrey is no longer available
Paint Shop Supervisor
We have a permanent opportunity for an experienced team leader / supervisor to join a very large, surrey based manufacturer, who are commutable from South London, and surrounding areas of Horsham, west Sussex and Guildford, Surrey. Previous experience of commercial paint shops or working within a manufacturing paint shop environment essential, please no painters and decorators.
• Oversee and to work alongside the Paint Shop personnel in completing works to a very high level of standard.
• Maintain Health & Safety requirements in line with the company policy and other health and safety documents related to the substances and materials used in the paint process, such as MSDS.
• Ensure that daily routine & check lists are completed in relation the paint plant (paint booths, blast plant, and equipment used in the compressor housing are fully completed.
• Ensure that all the equipment provided by the Company for use in relation to the wet paint process is kept in good condition and in full working order.
• Actively promote the Right First Time culture within the paint team.
• Liaise with the Production Control team on a weekly basis to establish the output required from the paint shop in the following week.
• Ensure the components required to be painted are delivered to the paint shop on time to support the established output timetable.
• Assist in the preparation of work and paint application (50% of time to be spent personally applying paint) as and when required to achieve targets
• Hold weekly team meetings
Experience and skills required:
• Previous paint shop experience, essential
• Supervisory and/or foreman experience required
• Experience with WET paint applications and finishing, including pre-prep and process equipment
• Confident in leading by example and issuing commands
Dunamis Services Ltd a specialist technical recruitment consultancy.