The position for Operations Manager in Plymouth is no longer available
This Vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Hunters Personnel who is operating as an employment business.
This role is a hands on management role and it will be essential therefore to have both the ability and desire to build strong interactive relationships across all levels within the company and to extend this ethos to the suppliers and external sources of contact.
• Enthusiastic manufacturing professional who is passionate about change and continuous improvement.
• A skilled problem solver who challenges the status quo, always focused on delivering performance, quality and adding to the bottom line.
• A can do attitude is essential with an ability to focus on the immediate goals, without losing sight of the company's long-term objectives. Must be able to think tactically and strategically.
• An inspirational leader who will not only motivate and manage the performance of the production team, but operate cross-functionally ensuring that the company's goals always remain the priority.
• To work as an integral member of the Senior Management Team.
• To regularly review progress and achievements.
• To monitor and seek advice from HR Officer on any employee matters.
• Initiate manufacturing efficiency improvements throughout production using proven techniques and tools.
• To ensure On time delivery and quality of the product to the customers (internal/external) requirement is achieved.
• Monitor daily, weekly and monthly output through the various teams.
• To make continuous recommendations and proposals for improvement on shopfloor layout and workplace organisation.
• To effect a good health & Safety culture and support the Health & Safety Representative.
• Assume full ownership for the activities and personnel employed in production roles within the operation.
• In conjunction with scheduling functions, ensure proper co-ordination of supply of all purchased items, raw materials, and operational supplies to meet the site production plans in each product line.
• Applying, implement and adhere to the group and location guidelines / policies within the production area.
• Liaises with Managers and supervisors to determine training needs. Works with line management, to identify suitable training programmes to meet individual and group training needs.
• Selection and recruitment of team members using the appropriate company recruitment process.
Skills and Experience required
• Educated to degree level in an Engineering capacity
• Experience at a similar level within a World Class environment essential.
• Financially astute and with experience of Budget responsibility, labour costs, production variances and stock levels.
• Knowledge of MRP and forecasting.
• The post holder will be expected to be able to draft reports on various matters which may need to be delivered orally or in writing.
• The job holder must be a self starter, a team player and demonstrate above average interpersonal and communication skills.
• Firm grasp of modern manufacturing techniques
• Highly PC literate, with a sound knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV in Word format.
Please note: If you have not been contacted within 7 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion