The position for ICP Analyst in Hampshire is no longer available
Excellent analytical skills as well as strong written and oral communication skills are essential for provision of an analytical service to commercial clients. Therefore, the ability to follow SOPs and adhere to the requirements of the existing quality system is necessary. Equally important however is the ability to research, improvise and problem solve. The candidate should be resourceful, proactive and creative in the laboratory.
* Use key analytical techniques to analyse samples in accordance with the existing quality system, primarily ICP OES and ICP MS.
* Prepare samples for analysis by microwave digestion, fusion, ashing, filtration and dilution, etc.
* Analyse samples, interpret data, calculate results, complete all paperwork, ensure data is entered into laboratory report templates accurately and report data in a timely manner to customer deadlines.
* Work at all times in a safe manner, in compliance with the health and safety policy of the laboratory.
* Communicate with senior members of staff on any quality issue.
* Operate to high standards of good laboratory practice and housekeeping at all times.
* Carry out method validation when required.
* Development of an ICP-MS business, which could involve:
* Method development work for general ICP-MS methods.
* Development of isotopic speciation methodology.
* Development of LC-ICP-MS methodology.
* Acquisition of UKAS accreditation for developed methods to ISO17025.
* Delivery of ICP-MS training sessions (once methodology is established).
* Management of laboratory consumable supplies and chemicals.
* Management of chemical inventory / MSDS database.
* Supervision of undergraduate students.
* Construction of technical reports for clients.
* Answering analytical enquiries.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Background in chemistry or analysis to degree level (2.1 or higher preferred).
* Existing knowledge of good laboratory practice gained via previous laboratory experience.
* Analytical experience in ICP-OES and ICP-MS.
* Knowledge of working to UKAS / ISO 17025 desirable.
* Enthusiastic team players with a flexible yet focused approach to their work. They must also be able to display good organisation and communication skills.
* Good numeracy, literacy and computer literacy required.
* Organisational skills
* Time management and working to deadlines
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
* Problem solving
* Ability to follow procedures
* Safety awareness
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.