The position for Building Surveyor in Epping is no longer available
To assist the Senior Building Surveyor with the provision of services to required quality standards in an efficient, customer focused manner by undertaking building surveying, maintenance and improvement duties. The successful applicant must be experienced working in commercial buildings including
• Sport centres
• Carry out allocated projects in respect of non HRA operational properties
• Approving programmes of repairs, maintenance and minor alterations, improvement schemes and development
• Surveys (measured and written)
• Preparation of working drawings (Computer aided design and hand)
• Preparation of specifications and schedules
• Ensuring Health and Safety regulations are compliant at all times
• Ensure building works comply with Planning and Building regulations
• Attend Site Inspections and meetings
• Building maintenance and surveying related disciplines.
• Supervising areas of building maintenance and servicing works.
• Preparation of CAD drawings.
• Preparation of specifications, building surveys, contract documents and cost estimates for building works.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and good practice standard.
• Ability to speak effectively at meetings with contractors, consultants, tenants and colleagues.
• Writing concise specifications of works, contractor briefs and reports.
• Budgeting for, planning and monitoring programmes of maintenance works.
• Full UK Driving Licence with own vehicle
• Flexible working hours- must be able to deal with out of hours emergencies
• Must be confident working at heights- this role will involve ladders, scaffolding etc
• Must be able to safely carry and lift equipment