The position for Account Manager - Initial 6 Month Fixed Term Contract - Yeovil in Yeovil is no longer available
Account Manager - Initial 6 Month Fixed Term Contract - Yeovil
Account Manager - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract - Yeovil - Up to £20,000
Role and Responsibilities
Our team are responsible for designing and executing Screwfix's national account strategy - winning business for Screwfix from large national contracts, and proactively managing these accounts to deliver fantastic customer service and to increase customer spend. Over the past few years we've grown this part of our business significantly, and we're now seeking to develop to the next level. Some of the names we're already working with include leading brands within the market place, so if you're up for the challenge of helping us secure even more high value customers like this, this role could be for you.
As an Account Manager within this team, you'll be highly driven, and work closely with our Brand Marketing team to attract new customers and help manage our high value customers to grow the spend with Screwfix of our large business accounts. This will include :-
* Increasing Sales/Spend. Making outbound calls to Screwfix's high value customers, to increase customer spend and hit pre determined targets. This will include, for example, regular calls to build the relationship and sales calls to promote targeted offers. You will actively look for opportunities to increase coverage with our customers (eg deal with other areas of their business) and you'll also call customers to reverse any decreasing sales.
* Debt Management. Working closely with any high value customers who may have payment issues - liaising closely with our finance teams to ensure the appropriate management of any customer debt, whilst maintaining positive customer relationships.
* Customer/Account Management. Taking end to end responsibility for a portfolio of high value customers. Responsible for specific business sectors, and enhancing our relationships with these customers. This will include initial account set-up, supporting customer activity and managing financial aspects such as credit availability.
* Query Resolution. Acting as an initial escalation point for queries from these customers - listening to any concerns and queries, and resolving any problems effectively (for example, with deliveries, products, invoicing). Dealing with any pricing queries, copy invoices as required by your account customers.
* Proactively working with others in the team to meet sales and growth targets, through enhancing our professional relationship with our customers.
Candidate Profile - Experince and Skills
* Prior B2B sales experience is essential for this role - you'll be experienced in lead generation, telephone sales and increasing customer spend. Prior outbound calling experience an advantage.
* Full accounts management experience (managing available credit, monitoring spend against credit limits, alerting customers to prevent accounts being put on hold) is desirable.
* Proven organisational skills are essential - you'll be experienced in managing your time effectively, and in managing systems and information in an accurate and timely manner
* Proven analytical experience and skills - you'll be interpreting a range of sales data, and using it to drive sales focussed conversations with Screwfix's best customers, so will be comfortable with analysing a wide variety of data.
* Prior experience in client/customer relationship management is essential - you'll have experience in creating relationships with new customers, and in managing successful relationships with existing customers.
* Excellent telephone manner is essential - we're looking for staff with a proven track record in engaging positively with customers and create strong relationships over the phone.
* Pervious experience working with Marketing and Ecommerce would be advantageous.
* As some travel may occasionally be required for this role, a full and valid UK driver's licence is essential
Candidate Profile - Behaviours
In addition to your skills and experience above, there are four key behaviours we're looking for that are essential to success in this role :-
* Commercial Focus - as a key part of a team that's all about driving relationships - increasing sales and spend, you'll demonstrate an understanding of overall commercial issues and use this knowledge to improve results. You'll be able to spot possible commercial opportunities daily within your role, and work with others to act on these.
* Commitment to Results - you'll work in a focused, committed and purposeful way with a real sense of drive. You'll be focused on targets and goals, and overcome obstacles to deliver high-quality results.
* Communication - as you're the first point of contact for some of our largest customers, and first impressions count you'll need to communicate clearly, confidently and professionally at all times.
* Problem Solving - in delivering great customer service, and dealing with escalated issues you'll need to be able to understand any problems that our customers have, and be able to offer a range of possible solutions to them.