The position for Reservations Agent in Gatwick is no longer available
A Reservations Agent withHilton Hotels & Resorts will work with trend data to respond to Guest and customer enquiries so to develop strong relationships and maximise revenue opportunities.What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected. If you understand the importance of upholding a brandâ€™s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because itâ€™s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.What will I be doing?
As Reservations Agent, you will work with trend data to respond to Guest and customer enquiries so to develop strong relationships and maximise revenue opportunities. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Manage telephone, fax and email enquiries in a prompt and professional manner and in accordance with company standards ensuring accuracy and attention to detail at all times
* Understand seasonal and historical trends and work within them to ensure maximum occupancy and average room rates
* Identify new contacts, develop sales leads, and respond to sales opportunities in order to maximise revenue
* Produce quotations and written confirmation to all clients
* Monitor customer satisfaction regularly and resolve any outstanding issues to ensure future business
* Maintain a thorough understanding of hotel facilities and processes, and contribute to a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
* Ensure bookings are guaranteed and no show charges/late cancellation charges are applied where appropriate
What are we looking for?
A Reservations Agent serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
* Good organisational and administration skills
* Positive attitude and good communication skills
* Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
* Confident telephone manner
* High level of IT skills
* Excellent grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
* Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
* Previous experience in the Reservations function within the hotel/leisure sector
* Proven sales experience within the hotel/leisure sector
What benefits will I receive?Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality. More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest rooms Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas Harris Poll EquiTrendÂ®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011 Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry.