The position for Care Manager in Torpoint is no longer available
Our client is a provider of residential and domiciliary care services in Cornwall, and they looking for a manager for their lively and innovative care home for the elderly in Torpoint.
It is particularly a lovely home for 33 people. It is deliberately organised so as to enable residents and staff to "live together" as a community, where all participate in the decisions about their daily life. This means that it is not a run of the mill residential home, where residents and staff become compliant and institutional. Everyone works in partnership, to ensure that what could easily be a dull and monotonous place is exciting and, at times chaotic, but a real fun place to live and work.
• Providing care and support to all clients and their relatives.
• Promoting therapeutic practices throughout the home, with particular emphasis on staff training and support.
• Assessment of clients needs, support plans and risk assessments.
• Liaising with clients, family members, specialists nurses, primary care trusts, external bodies and other managers.
• Ensure dignity, respect, confidentiality and inclusion is maintained.
You will need to be particularly creative and passionate about working in such a therapeutic environment. This home has been progressing in this way for two and a half years now, and they have begun to realise a lot of their objectives, but there is more to achieve. You will need to be experienced and confident about your management skills for this home to continue to advance and develop.
This is a 37.5 hour week, and on call duties on a rota basis
Applicants will need to have a registered manager award or equivalent qualification.
When applying please tell them something about yourself and your aspirations in a covering letter while also including a current CV.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.