The position for Claims Team Manager in Milton Keynes is no longer available
Claims Team Manager
Our client is a UK leading provider of Employee Benefits and Financial Services, with over 25 years of specialist experience. Established in 1984, with offices and clients across the UK, they provide a variety of financial, insurance and business support services including: Employee Benefits, Insurance Products & Financial Services. This professional company is looking to recruit an experienced Team Manager.
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 – (dependent on experience)
Hours - Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm
The position would suit an experienced people manager with a proven track record of leading and developing an established team. If the individual comes from a claims/insurance or financial back ground, this is desirable but not essential.
To manage the Claims Team to ensure they provide a correct and consistent delivery of service in line with agreed customer service levels for all Personal Group insurance products and schemes.
To lead and develop the team to ensure value is added to the business in line with strategy and TCF principles and to raise the profile of the department.
Based in Milton Keynes, the role will include:
• Lead by example and ensure service levels are met. Plan, prioritise and allocate work and set meaningful objectives across the team
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of our products and schemes and ensure adherence to operational processes and procedures. Support the team in resolving escalated complaints and more complex issues.
• Challenge existing processes and procedures and develop new ideas where appropriate to maximise efficiency and service in line with strategy and business needs
• Manage and analyse Management Information to ensure team efficiency. Identify and report trends from customer feedback to identify new business opportunities or potential risks.
• Manage, motivate and develop the team by coordinating career development and training for all team members. Confidently deal with any people issues and resolve conflict. Conduct appraisals and one-to-ones. Manage and maintain departmental records on attendance, absence and holiday timetabling.
• Raise the visibility of the department and develop strong working relationships with all areas of the business. Build effective and sustainable internal client relationships. Encourage team participation and engagement in Company initiatives.
• Continually develop oneself, take responsibility for personal career development
• Ensure compliance with FSA principles and embed a culture of Treating Customers Fairly
An excellent working environment based in Milton Keynes, responsible for a team of 2 Senior Claims Advisors and 6 Claims Examiners.
The successful candidate will require:
• Relevant degree or equivalent industry qualification desirable
• High level of literacy & numeracy
• Minimum 2-3 years in a managerial capacity ideally within financial services
• Proven people management capability and ability to lead a team
• Claims experience ideal but not mandatory
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Proven ability to motivate staff, set objectives & targets
• Positive attitude, pro-active, assertive, willing to support team
• Responsive to change
• Excellent communication, organisational skills
• Ideally able to interpret medical & other technical information
• IT literate
You will receive:
• An excellent salary (negotiable dependent on experience)
• Profit Related Pay (after qualification period)
• Cont Pension Scheme (after probation)
• Free Travel Insurance
• 24 days holiday + bank holidays
• Car Parking Permit Scheme
• Employee Benefits
o Holiday Discounts
o Retail Discounts
o Car Breakdown Cover
o Cinema Tickets