The position for Estimator in Mirfield is no longer available
The role of Estimator requires a self motivated individual who is capable of using their own initiative to prioritise a busy workload and with the ability to contribute as part of a team. Must be able to work under pressure, have the ability to plan ahead, achieve given deadlines and have an eye for detail.
Previous experience in horticulture operations is essential & estimating experience is preferable. IT literacy and the ability to use various software packages, spreadsheets and estimating software is essential, although specific training will be given. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential. Must also have excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
• To assess and process new tenders and enter onto the log in system.
• Have the ability to identify materials and subcontract requirements and collate accurate information for suppliers and/or subcontractors to price.
• Must be able to interpret drawings and accurately take off measures to produce bills of quantities.
• To calculate all pricing works during tender activities.
• To lead and/or support bid negotiations with existing or potential clients.
• To ensure accuracy, competitiveness and compliance of contracts.
• To prepare tenders and supporting documents as appropriate and manage and monitor all responses.
• Must have the ability to liaise with clients, site agents and architects and portray a high level of technical and horticultural knowledge; will also be required to attend meetings and site visits in order to develop and maintain good working relationships.
• To be pro-active in monitoring the ongoing effectiveness of the tender process.
• To ensure regular and accurate management reporting.
• To prepare detailed information and have the ability to handover all relevant information on secured contracts to the appropriate Contract/Regional Manager.
• To provide support to the Operations teams, particularly during the early stages of the contract.
• Must promote a Company image that is both professional and efficient at all times.
• Must hold a current full driving licence.
• Any other duties as required.