The position for Mechanical Design Engineer - Derby, East Midlands in Derby is no longer available
Mechanical Design Engineer - Derby, East Midlands
Design Engineer (Aerospace) - Derby, East Midlands, UK
Fantastic Opportunity within a growing organisation!
Salary: £22k - £28k (Recent Graduate) or £30k - £40k for an experienced candidate.
Our client is a long established organisation, specialising in aerospace, whose products and services are used by companies worldwide. The quality and manufacturing expertise that this organisation provides is based on aerospace standards that they have been providing for over thirty years.
Due to reorganisation and company growth, this leading aerospace support company is currently seeking a experienced Design Engineer, ideally coming from an Aerospace (Gas Turbines), Power Generation ( Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines ) or Instrumentation Design (within the aerospace industry ) background.
The Design Engineer will be working within a small team of designers. The role will be interesting and varied as most projects are design make.
- Aerospace (Gas Turbines)
- Power Generation ( Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines )
- Instrumentation Design within the aerospace industry
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of a modern CAD system UG, Solidworks, inventor or similar.
- Stress calculations simple by hand more complex by FEA.
-Thermal transfer calculations simple by hand more complex by FEA.
- Ability to produce complete design package solid models, detail drawings and other supporting technical documents.
- Strong team skills and ability to overcome problems as they arise.
- IT skills MS office, email in house intranet based systems.
- Some knowledge of electronic mechanical systems.
-Good organisation skills and evidence of career progression in previous companies.
- Keen to learn new skills and develop new processes.
The successful Design Engineer will:
- Produce Design studies and associated documentation.
- Provide technical support to ongoing projects.
- Produce solid models with supporting calculations etc
- Produce detail drawings
- Support project managers with design technical and time management questions.
- Support production with manufacturing issues.