The position for SPM Engineer - Quality in Warwickshire is no longer available
SPM Engineer - Quality
SPM Engineer - Quality
£34000 - £37000 (experience depending)
A successful, highly profitable, globally renowned leading manufacturer of high quality, luxury vehicles.
The SPM engineer will manage the delivery of off-tool, off-process 100% accurate parts and final part approval for the commodities allocated. The successful candidate shall lead the application of Quality tools with emphasis on FMA activities and practical problem solving at all stages of the new model launch. It shall be the responsibility of the SPM Engineer to confirm supplier manufacturing capacity status and ensure that there is no negative impact to supply and quality during the new model launch. The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of quality process and agreed operating practices by working with other teams internally and at suppliers. Complete supplier quality audits and define improvement action plans and report quality status at major programme gateways to senior management. The Quality Engineer will lead and assist both new model and current vehicle teams to resolve supplier quality. concerns impacting upon the business' manufacturing plants and its customers.
The Successful Candidate
To be successful in this application candidates will need to be able to prove they possess the following skills, attributes and experiences:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a Technical discipline.
- Proven experience of quality tools including Supplier Part Approval Process (SPAP) and problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of leading supplier quality improvement within new model launch or current vehicle environment.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional team meetings on site and at supplier sites, defining clear improvement action plans.
- Ability to self manage and work under pressure to deliver quality, production and engineering requirements.
- Able to apply problem solving techniques to improve process capability, repeatability and reliability on site and at supplier sites.
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to develop good teamwork with cross functional peers.
- Due to the nature of the role, flexibility on working hours required to ensure completion of activities and supplier site visits. This may include working for extended periods of time at supplier manufacturing sites.
- Positive and proactive approach, with ability to work well in a team to engage others in problem solving.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Candidates must be willing to travel to supplier manufacturing facilities within UK and overseas.
- A valid passport and driving licence is required.ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at (url removed)