The position for Licensed Aircraft Engineer in Huntingdon is no longer available
Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Demob Job Reference: j90
Job Title: Licensed Aircraft Engineer
Location: RAF Wyton, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £28,740 + Benefits
My client is one of the UK’s leading support services companies, they deliver many key services including design, build, manage, operate and maintaining assets, dealing with companies both in the UK and overseas, supplying customers in a wide variety of industry sectors including Aerospace, Defence, Marine, Naval, MoD, Oil & Gas, Communications, Energy and Transportation. They now require a Licenced Aircraft Engineer to be based at their site at RAF Wyton, Cambridgeshire. The successful candidate will provide engineering support to the LAFT (Light Aircraft Flying Task) contract.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. the Royal Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) or Army, or has worked within a similar role.
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to undertake MoD Security Clearance.
- Provide a CRS signature when appropriate to release an aircraft to service after either defect rectification or scheduled maintenance.
- Supervise engineering and Flight Line activity at Wyton on Company aircraft and associated equipment in conformity with authorised schedules, technical publications and instructions ensuring highest standards of maintenance are maintained.
- Undertake scheduled and corrective maintenance of the Babcock Aircraft fleet to ensure airworthiness is maintained to meet customer requirements on a daily basis.
- Undertake or supervise, as directed the investigation, diagnosis and rectification of defects and submission of reports as required.
- Complete all documentation in accordance with current legislation and Company procedures
- You must hold EASA Part 66, B1.2 license with Type Rating on Grob 115E aircraft and Lycoming 360 engines.
- Supervisory experience in a Civil Aviation environment.
- Ability to demonstrate practical and theoretical standards required.
- Knowledge of MOD Engineering procedures/documentation.
- Proactive customer focused team player with a flexible approach, able to work individually and in a small, highly motivated team delivery this high-profile task.
- Hold valid Driving Licence.
- Hold a Health & Safety qualification.
- IT skills.
- Salary £28,740.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats
- Employer contributory pension
- Opportunity to join a well established and rapidly expanding company