The position for Sea King Mechanic (Falkland Islands) in Falklands is no longer available
Sea King Mechanic (Falkland Islands)
Title: Sea King Mechanic (Falkland Islands)
Location: Falkland Islands
Salary: £35,683 (Pro-rata)
Type: 6 month FTC
Start Date: Immediate
Our client provides Sea King helicopter aircraft maintenance in the Falkland Islands and now has an immediate requirement for a Sea King Mechanic to join their team.
Please note that this is a 6 month fixed term contract with a pro-rata salary of £35,683. The successful Sea King Mechanic will be working on a shift pattern; 24 hours on 24 hours off, 7 days per week, 2 months on 1 month off. The position also benefits from FREE food and accommodation.
Suitable applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Undertake Sea King helicopter aircraft maintenance.
- Operation and maintenance of aircraft ground support equipment.
- Preparation of aircraft for road or air transportation.
- Maintenance in support of storage tasks.
- Aircraft washing and cleaning.
- Carry out independent inspections.
- Determine the level of flight servicing required after maintenance.
- Aircraft movement, marshalling and handling.
- Preparation of aircraft for flight and security of aircraft after flight.
- FOD clearance and dispersal area security checks.
- Complete all aircraft and equipment maintenance and documentation.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Environment regulations.
- Demonstrable working history as a Sea King helicopter engineer/mechanic/technician.
- Accredited Aircraft Apprenticeship.
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent standard.
- Full driving license.
- Familiar with MOD aircraft engineering procedures.
- Desirable if you currently hold MoD security clearance.
- Pro-rata salary of £35,683.
- Unique working location.
- Free food & accommodation.
- 2 months on, 1 month off.
Sea King, helicopter, aviation, defence, military, royal air force, engineer, mechanic