The position for Sales Manager in Tyne & Wear is no longer available
My client is a leading supplier of precision machined, high integrity components, integrated kits of parts and complete mechanical assemblies.
Due to a recent promotion they are recruiting a Sales Manager.
The successful individual will be responsible managing the sales team, producing and delivering a successful strategic sales plan. They will also working closely with a number of our key existing clients, looking to maximise their potential. They will also be expected to develop new opportunities that are within my clients capabilities and within our selected market sectors of Defence, Aerospace, Oil & Gas and Power Generation.
• Sales Forecast - Provide reliable and accurate forecast to expand order intake.
• Information Transfer - Ensure effective transfer of relevant information from customers to commercial and production teams
• Proposal Guidance - Work closely with the estimating and commercial team to ensure the clients receive their quotes / proposals in the format they want within the given timescales.
• Communication - Full activity and visibility through weekly activity plan. Communications of relevant customer information through visit reports. Provide detailed and accurate feedback on market conditions, customer activity and market intelligence.
• Systems - Maintain and update all business systems and reports.
• Territory Management - Manage existing key accounts and other customers and provide sufficient new accounts to generate profitable future key accounts.
• Company Representation - Represent the company in front of clients in organised meetings, industry exhibitions and other events deemed necessary by the company. Including some nights away from home.
• Presentations – Preparing and delivering power point presentations to clients
• Ideally from a mechanical or manufacturing engineering background with experience allied to the Oil & Gas, Defence , Aerospace. Rail and Power Generation markets.
• Ideally be familiar with the range of hardware and equipment used in these markets and preferably from some hands on experience, so they are able to identify the right type of opportunity immediately
• Will have existing clients within our clients preferred sectors that will become opportunities for our client.
• Must have exceptional communication and organisational skills and have a strong technical background.
• Will have experience in a Sales Manager or Sales Director role within identical or related markets
• Ability to work as part of a team, effectively and collectively targeting sales, whilst effectively managing productivity and travel.