Sustain Engineer - Bedfordshire Bedfordshire £30000 - £35000/annum
Head of Mechanical and Fluid Systems Cambridge £60000 - £80000/annum
Geotechnical Engineer Northampton, Northamptonshire
Senior Electrical Engineer Surrey, South East £40000 - £45000/annum
Senior Environmental Test Engineers
World class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit 3x Senior Environmental Engineers / Environmental Test Engineers.
Please Note: you must be able to gain SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance if you’re not already cleared to that level.
The salary on offer is approx £35k - £45k (dependant on skills and experience) and comes with great benefits including; overtime, flexitime, company and individual bonus scheme, pension and healthcare etc.
Environmental Engineer Job Description:
To undertake a full range of engineering activities with the environmental skill area, applying specialist technical knowledge and advice to chief design engineers, projects and sub-contract design authorities.
Typical Duties include:
• Writing Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERSs), and subsequent documentation including Proving Plans, Proving Requirements and Proving Instructions in support of product development.
• Assessing the effects of the environmental requirements on product design and implementing a consistent test and assessment logic across each Project.
• Plan, prepare for, and oversee the conduct of, trial programmes at system, subsystem and component level within internal facilities and at external test houses.
• Writing technical reports in support of environmental engineering.
• Providing expertise in requirements management and preparing compliance statements in support of Certification.
• Applying technical knowledge in a range of simulation techniques (including data acquisition, signal processing & analysis tools) as well as climatic, shock & vibration and Structural Mechanical & fatigue testing.
• Providing expertise in the measurement and analysis of operational environments including field trials and flight data analysis in support of Requirements Specification development.
• Technical management of the environmental programmes - preparing compliance statements for Project, sub-system Design Authorities and the Customer.
• Responsible for managing assigned milestone deliverables associated with Environmental Engineering activities.
• Thorough understanding of the environmental life cycle.
• Educated to degree or equivalent level
• Knowledge of Vibration, shock and climatic test techniques and systems.
• Knowledge of DEF STANs and related specs relevant to the discipline.
• Knowledge of Test and Measurement Instrumentation.
• Knowledge of signal processing and analysis.
• Good communication skills at all level both verbally and in writing.