The position for Senior Lifting Aplliance Engineer in Sheffield, Liverpool, Aberdeen is no longer available
Senior Lifting Aplliance Engineer
Our client a market leader within the Oil & Gas sector are looking for an experienced
Senior Lifting Appliance Engineer Up to £52,400
Our client is an independent risk management organisation that works to improve its clients' quality, safety, environmental and business performance throughout the world. The Compliance and Engineering Services Department provides certification, classification and verification services to the oil and gas industry. These services provide evidence of conformity with: regulatory requirements (certification); company Rules (classification); and duty holder's schemes (verification).
We are looking for a Lifting Appliances Engineer to carry out certification and verification of cranes. This involves the review of design documentation and performing the structural analysis necessary to certify cranes. There may also be periods where you will attend site to assist with the inspection and the testing of cranes.
We are looking for candidates with an engineering degree and experience in; design, manufacture, testing, maintenance, use or inspection of lifting equipment for both onshore and offshore, including the verification of offshore cranes. We are also looking for someone with strong leadership, management and communication skills, a strategic mind and the ability to think laterally
* Knowledge of enforced Acts, regulations and standards issued by the statutory authority.
* Knowledge of and experience with LOLLER, API 2C, API 2D BS 7121, Classification Rules and Regulations.
* Knowledge of the scope of examinations and inspections.
*Good knowledge and understanding of the following elements:
1. Crane design and configuration
2. Crane components
3. Electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
4. Lifting diagrams
5. Certification rules
7. Technical standards
8. Applicable regulations
9. Instruction manuals
10. Maintenance procedures
11. Offshore crane operations
The following qualifications would be an advantage:
* a member of a recognised professional engineering body, i.e. C.Eng, Eur. Ing.
* qualified to Category 1 of UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) Guidance Notes RG0 and RG6.
* qualified to ASNT (American Society of Non Destructive Testing) Level II in Magnetic Particle Inspection, Level II in Ultrasonics, Accoustic Emissions and in some cases ASNT Level II Dye Penetrant inspection;
Call Rachel Adams NOW on 02476 243698 or apply online