The position for Marine Warranty Engineers (various grades) in London or Aberdeen is no longer available
Marine Warranty Engineers (various grades)
Our Client is a global engineering consultancy, service and solution provider for the maritime and energy industries.
We are seeking experienced Naval Architects, Marine / Off-shore Structural Engineers, Civil Engineers (with significant experience of steel structures) to manage and / or perform Marine Warranty Engineering related tasks on ships (heavy lift, FPSOs, tankers), oil and gas platforms, subsea and / or pipeline installations.
Applicants MUST have design experience.
Vacancies are available at various grades up to and including Principal. Senior post holders will be expected to manage teams providing this service. Posts are based in London, Aberdeen and other UK locations.
The roles involve managing and / or undertaking a range of marine warranty related activities on behalf of insurers and/or Oil and Gas companies, including: transportation and installation engineering, loadout engineering, structural design, structural integrity subsea/pipeline engineering, in the offshore oil and gas sector.
• Collaborating with Mariners regarding operational and specialist marine matters.
• Ensuring that inspection and survey activities are delivered in accordance with the highest technical standards and current codes and standards, technical delivery, report writing, checking, authorisation, submission.
• Liaising with clients and technical authorities.
Qualifications and experience:
• A Degree in Structural, Mechanical or Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture plus relevant design experience.
• Chartered Engineer status (for senior posts).
• Minimum of 3 years experience in any of the following areas: ships (heavy lift, FPSOs, tankers), off-shore oil and gas platforms, subsea and / or pipeline installations.
The roles are office based, but candidates will need to be flexible to travel abroad and on offshore vessels/locations for periods of time.
Highly competitive salary and generous benefits package
Applicants must be British or EU citizens or be in possession of a valid UK work permit.
Should you feel your experience matches the stated requirements, please apply with your current CV.