The position for Head of Project Support in Blyth is no longer available
Head of Project Support
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead engineering services group comprising Test Lab, Approvals and Model Shop
* Support new product development projects with on time and efficient services as well as assistance with the test and approvals planning phases
* Maintenance of annual approval renewals
* Manage the attainment of approvals for new products / new regions / new target industry sectors.
* Maintain early warning system for standards changes; link with global standards group.
* Managing resources, priorities and workloads to ensure deadlines are met
* Contribute to strategy of global function through developed network relationships
* Continuous improvement - Improvements to service level KPIs expected
* Improve knowledge of reliability in design
* People - Goal setting, skills development and performance management
* Contribute to R&D strategy development as well to the Blyth site strategy.
Technical skills required
* Engineering bachelor degree qualified
* Test and approvals background experience preferred.
* experience of managing teams of >5 people
* experience of working with approvals agencies, (preferred; PPE related, ATEX)
* Experience of the new product development process; concept to launch.
* Six sigma green or black belt desirable
Personal attributes required
* Demonstrated ability to form successful business relationships, perform within global teams and develop networks
* Must be highly motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
* Results driven
* Leader - shows empathy, shares vision, motivates the team
* Must be flexible and willing to work with all areas of the Company, especially Manufacturing, Quality and Marketing. Willing to take on a wide range of tasks, as required, to get the job done.
* Experience in a Total Quality environment.