The position for EC&I Design Engineer in Malton is no longer available
EC&I Design Engineer
Our Client which specialises in the design and production of bespoke remote handling equipment for the nuclear industry currently has a Permanent Vacancy for a EC&I Design Engineer.
The role will involve production of scheme designs, detail designs and manufacturing drawings using 2D CAD (Autodesk AutoCAD LT) for high value, low volume systems. Appropriate use of innovative new and proven technologies is required to produce safe robust equipment designs. The role will also entail the production of technical documentation to accompany the commissioned equipment and demonstrate compliance with relevant legislation.
You will be required to work as part of small multi-disciplinary design teams on a number of projects simultaneously. For this reason, self motivation, conscientiousness and a flexible attitude are highly valued and the ability to lead a small team on occasion would be advantageous. You will be responsible for the production of specific project deliverables to agreed costs and timescales.
The role will involve client interaction throughout the lifecycle of each project. This will involve technical meetings, design reviews, factory and potentially site commissioning activities.
This is an ideal opportunity for Engineers looking to enhance their skills on challenging and varied projects. The ideal candidate should be capable of or posses the following:
* A strong degree in electrical engineering (or related subiect)
* Use of CAD software
* Experience of PLC's
* Working semi-autonomously
* Excellent organisational, presentation and communication skills
* Good team working skills
* High attention to detail with a strong analytical approach
* Knowledge of manufacturing techniques
* Knowledge of IS09001 quality systems
* Full driving license
Experience in some or all of the following is of particular interest:
* Obtained or working towards chartered status
* Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD LT & PLC programming software.
* Experience with the Low Voltage, EMC, Machinery & ATEX Directives
* Experience gained working in a nuclear, chemical or heavy industrial environment