The position for Quality Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne is no longer available
My client based in the North East is a world leader in the design and manufacture of resistors and microelectronic assemblies for global customers.
They are looking for a Quality Engineer to join there team. You must be educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in Electrical or Quality related disciplines.
Job Profile and Person Specification
Qualifications: HNC or equivalent experience as a minimum in Electrical or Quality related disciplines
Special Skills: Coaching, communication and influencing skills. Continuous Improvement skills, especially 8D and FMEA along with SPC and MSA.
Experience: Electronic Environment (preferably in the Automotive, Aerospace or Components sector), TS 16949, QS 9000, previous Quality experience with automotive and military customers, supplier management and successful improvement projects.
To ensure our customers receive product to the highest standard possible. Drive continuous improvement throughout the organisation ensuring problems are prevented. To promote a customer focus throughout the organisation at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Report any quality concerns to the business to ensure the business is aware of any implications that may result.
- Manage any customer and internal quality concerns (QCR process). This will include the identification of permanent corrective and preventative actions taken to eliminate the cause of non-conformities in order to prevent recurrence. Customer visits may be required to discuss concerns and participate in periodic quality reviews.
- Promote the awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation and develop effective customer relations.
- Promote continuous improvement and problem solving solutions through the use of Quality Improvement Tools, data/yield analysis and techniques such as 8D, FMEA, SPC, MSA and mistake proofing.
- Promote basic statistical techniques, such as variation, control, capability and over adjustment to all improvements or predict/prevent problems from occurring.
- To participate in improvement opportunities and undertake actions identified from Management Review meetings.
- Participate in the measurement, control and continuous development of key suppliers and subcontractors. Vendor appraisals to be carried out as appropriate.
- Responsible for the coordination of PPAP or similar activities as requested by our customers.
- Manage Production Inspection to ensure that product is inspected effectively at appropriate locations.
- Manage the maintenance of all approved products, such as CECC, as detailed in the appropriate specification. Summarised test reports are to be available for third party audits when required.
- To undertake customer and supplier visits both in the UK and Internationally in order to present corrective actions, undertake audits and/or resolve queries as appropriate.