The position for Quality Surveyor - Machining in Wolverhampton is no longer available
Quality Surveyor - Machining
As part of continued growth and expansion, Goodrich Actuation Systems in Wolverhampton is currently seeking a Quality Surveyor to join the Manufacturing area of its Military Machining division
* Part of a team driving towards a perfect quality policy within Manufacturing area of Military Machining.
* Review and approval of First Article Inspections on a variety of product types
* Raise documentation to address obsolescence/non-conformances identified during normal working activities.
* Support the development and execution of department metrics on quality issues
* Act as a liaison to suppliers and aid resolution of issues raised as part of the FAI process
* Support Supplier Quality activities regarding training with regard to FAI issues.
* Provide coverage for Goods Inwards and Final Inspection
* Support site Quality/Improvement systems and initiatives - AS9100A / AS9102, FRACAS, Audit Programme, improvement plans etc.
* Support & conduct site, departmental audit programmes and update the Pilgrim system.
* Lead and participate in 8D and A3 problem solving process.
* Support training matrix and update when required.
* Update and maintain quality display board.
* A working knowledge of AS9102 First Article Inspection
* Able to read and understand engineering drawings
* Exposure to an Aerospace standard production organisation
* Competent in the use of a wide variety of measuring equipment and able to carry out R and R analysis.
* Computer literate - Microsoft Excel, Word, CINCOM/MRP experience desirable.
* Knowledge of Visual FAIR desirable
* Knowledge of Quality/Improvement procedures and standards
* Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma practitioner an advantage
* Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and customers, both internal and external at all levels.
* Able to express complex issues in both verbal and written communication both internal and external to the business
* Audit experience would be an advantage
* Able to identify and resolve problems
* Flexible approach with willingness to work as part of a team
* Calm under pressure and responsive to change
* Good communication skills
* Able to work on own initiative
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and where necessary training will be given.