The position for Network Engineer in London is no longer available
The position of Network Engineer shall be responsible for the installation, testing and inspection of single or multiple projects at any time.
As a Network Engineer, you will be working for the IT Solutions Development Manager in the Physical Security IT Development & Design Department for a company based in London
You will be CCNA accredited as a minimum and will provide support and design for LAN and WAN IP network, routers, switches and firewalls for external customers. You will be involved in fault management, systems maintenance, performance testing, IP documentation, IP modifications and new design implementation, project work, etc. On-site and remote support work will be required.
A Registered Communications Distributing Designer (RCDD) qualification is desirable but not essential.
A highly motivated, team player and self-starter, you will be given the opportunity to be trained and developed. You will also have excellent client communication skills and experience of working within a dynamic team environment.
Liaison with the stakeholders and/or projects engineer with regards to progress, issues and concerns. Attendance at meetings as and when required to discuss and document progress.
The post-holder will also possess the skills to maintain project communications both written and verbal, problem solving and communication with labour and co-ordination with key personnel.
Additionally, as the Network Engineer, you will need a positive and enthusiastic outlook and the ability to meet deadlines. You will need to display the ability to work in a small team, multi-task and utilise excellent problem solving skills.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Troubleshooting complex network and server problems.
- Setting up firewalls, routers, switches, WLAN's and VPN's.
- Monitoring network links, assessing the impact of systems on network performance, investigating performance issues.
- Security - patching programmes, anti-virus, security scan management, system logs file checking.
- Planning and supporting networks for IP Physical Security infrastructures.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of networks and associated systems.
- Monitor systems performance and implements performance tuning.
- There will be occasional travel required, hence the need for flexibility.
- Customer network design, monitoring and availability.
- Network equipment installation and cabling to Data Centre standards.
CCNA accredited as a minimum
Registered Communications Distributing Designer (RCDD) qualification is desirable but not essential.