The position for Planning Engineer in South East is no longer available
Our client is a leading engineering contractor and project integrator for the nuclear industry. They have been at the heart of the UK nuclear industry for more than 50 years. During that time they have designed, manufactured, installed and commissioned a wide range of nuclear equipment and plant for both the power generation and defence markets.
The Planning Engineer will be responsible to develop, operate and monitor the relevant contract programmes for the work scopes, so that the contract can be controlled and executed within budget and duration.
The key duties include:
- Provide a complete Project Planning service for projects.
- Work with the Project Manager to prepare a planning strategy and then develop database for the Project Execution Plan
- Assign ownership for all project deliverables.
- Assign resources for the execution of each project phase in accordance with the project budgets.
- Review all appropriate engineering, procurement, manufacturing and site construction programmes and review and prepare variance reports.
- Attend and record all internal and external project progress reviews.
- Produce project programme update reports.
- Time management to meet multi-project programme responsibilities.
- Providing well-defined, complete project programmes and providing clear definition of all activity interfaces.
- Provide early warning awareness for Project Management of any variance from agreed schedule.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Previous experience of planning and scheduling of project management packages.
- Engineering Apprenticeship and/or experience within engineering projects.
- Working knowledge of all the project management tools and techniques for the delivery of capital investment projects.
- Knowledge of the project budget, allowance system and financial analysis for overall project planning, control and reporting.
- Detailed knowledge and ability to operate Project Planning packages.
Fircroft is a leading provider of technical recruitment solutions to a number of specialist industries, active in over 30 countries worldwide. Our key sectors include: Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals & Process, Automotive & Aerospace, Nuclear & Power, Mining & Minerals and General Engineering.