The position for Electrician (Ship yards) in Tyne and Wear is no longer available
Electrician (Ship yards)
General Elecrtical (shipyard work)
Install and test all electrical systems and devices in the ship.
Essential Job Functions
* Working from drawings and/or sketches, measure and cut wire of various gauges to specified lengths.
* Pull and install wire in ship via preformed openings and drilled holes.
* Strap and secure wiring to boat structure.
* Connect power leads to switches, outlets, lights, breakers, pumps, fuel systems, control systems and other electrically-powered devices.
* Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, gloves, respirator etc.*