The position for CAD/Unigraphics Design Engineer in Thatcham is no longer available
CAD/Unigraphics Design Engineer
• Drawing design covering the conceptual and detailed design of mechanical handling devices and associated process equipment and process and building services.
• Detail design to a level of detail to contract directly with the manufacture / construction / installation supply chain. Sometimes referred to as 'Build to Print' design.
• Identify and incorporate into system designs the essential components and features necessary to enable the proper setting to work and commissioning of completed equipment.
• This will involve establishing values for the nominal capabilities of the mechanical handling devices within the range of operating duties anticipated and diversities applicable on maximum calculated loads.
• Drawing capability up to RIBA stage F2 is a requirement,design level for manufacture would be advantageous.
HNC/HND or Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Design package Engineering .
Ideally hold Degree CIBSE membership/ C Eng or equivalent, possibly associate or full membership of an appropriate institute.
Experience Required for this role
Demonstrable experience within nuclear industry an advantage.
• SC cleared to start, expected to undergo DV clearance.
• Must have CAD and Unigraphics operation and design capability working with AUTOCAD 2007/2009/2010 and NX5 and above.
• Both working and design knowledge of mechanical handling systems and associated equipment, preparation of detailed equipment specifications, production of design documents and drawings using Unigraphics NX5 or above.
• Good communicator.
• Ability to perform general mechanical design calculations
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. In return you can expect a competitive salary and comprehensive range of benefits. As you would expect from a FTSE 100 company, there are excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the link below.
AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
AMEC (LSE: AMEC) is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With annual revenues of some £3.3 billion, AMEC designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs over 27,000 people in around 40 countries worldwide