The position for Design and Development Engineer in Maldon is no longer available
Design and Development Engineer
Design and Development Engineer sought by highly successful, 45 employee manufacturer of scientific laboratory equipment, which increased its production output by 50% last year and which is on course to at least repeat that growth in the forthcoming year.
The Design and Development Engineer will be a key player in aiding the continued growth and will perform a wide range of duties:
- CAD Design work of fabrications utilizing 3D (Solid Works) and 2D (Autocad)
- Issue of Drawings and work instructions to manufacturing shop floor
- Bills of Materials
- Source PCB’s and other electrical items externally
- Product test and fault finding
- Ensure that products meet ISO9001 Quality specifications
- Work closely with Production Engineer to continuously improve manufacturing efficiencies
The Design and Development Engineer should hold a formal Engineering qualification (HNC/Degree or equivalent) and relish the prospect of performing a varied and stimulating role in a small Engineering team. Mechanical and Electrical Engineering exposure is desirable as there will be a strong focus on sourcing PCB’s externally. Additionally the Design and Development Engineer should be an approachable, pleasant individual with good communication skills for interaction with internal colleagues and suppliers. We seek someone who can be relied upon to conscientiously manage their daily workload and projects with minimal supervision. Solid Works useful but cross training in other 3D CAD packages will be provided as appropriate.