The position for Senior Contracts Engineer in Aberdeen is no longer available
Senior Contracts Engineer
At TEC Group we understand the Oil & Energy sector. Our specialist team of recruiters represents a wide variety of major companies in numerous international locations. We have offices in London, Manchesterand Scotland.
This particular client of ours is one of the world's leading engineering, project management and consultancy companies. They aim to deliver safe and sustainable projects and services for their customers in the oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. Further more they have many benefits for their employees. Theses include pension schemes, Life assurance, Accident insurance, Healthcare, Child Care Vouchers etc. This client requires someone for the following position.
Senior Contracts Engineer
Purpose / Role
To oversee the contracts department function, ensuring all work is carried out in an efficient manner. Seek opportunities for cost savings and synergies across all contracts. Adhere to Supply Chain Code of Practice and promote company safety culture.
Key aims and objectives
* Provide support to contract users throughout the team.
* Ensure efficiency, professionalism and compliance in all Contracts tasks.
* Develop good working relationships with all key stakeholders.
* Promote and raise the profile of the function of the Contracts group.
Prime responsibilities and duties
* Formulate the strategic plan for tendering activities for company Dunlin contracts and company managed Fairfield contracts for approval by Commercial Review Board (CRB).
* Provide advice to Dunlin team on contract matters.
* Ensure Contract Management Plans are in place and being worked appropriately, for key contracts.
* Conduct FPAL reviews on key contractors.
* Ensure the contracts register is kept up to date.
* Ensure the contracts department is appropriately staffed to provide optimum efficiency.
* Provide advice and guidance to Contracts Engineer and Contracts Administrator when required, up to mentoring level if necessary.
* Set objectives for Contracts Engineer and Contracts Administrator.
* Manage ITT's from scoping the work through to contract award, including;
a) Compile tender lists, including pre-qualification, in conjunction with contract user and FPAL.
b) Formulate and issue ITT packages.
c) Co-ordinate any clarifications during the tender period.
d) Co-ordinate tender evaluations, including conducting commercial evaluations.
e) Negotiate contract qualifications, ensuring company/client risk is minimised.
f) Obtain necessary approvals from CRB.
* Provide cover for the Supply Chain Manager during times of absence.
* Raise contract variations.
* Post-award Contract administration for a suite of assigned contracts.
* Raise Minor Service Contracts, challenging their necessity where appropriate.
* Maintain system (workmate) contracts content integrity.
* Ensure the roles of Contracts Engineer and Administrator are covered during times of absence.
* Ensure commitment values in Workmate are accurate by ensuring old service orders are closed out old.
* Report contracts department throughput figures to Supply Chain Manager.
* Leading supply chain and other Company/client initiatives.
Allied occasional duties
* Attendance at meetings.
* Active involvement in projects, shutdowns, etc.
* Reporting as required
Key internal interfaces
* All Dunlin team personnel.
* Company corporate personnel.
Key external interfaces
* Contractor representative
* Educated to University honours degree level.
* Oil & Gas industry experience in a similar role essential.
* Robust negotiation skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word essential.
* Must be able to lead a small team.
* Must possess excellent communication skills.
* Must have an aptitude for learning new systems.
Applicants must be eligible to work within theUKand EU, for example hold a Tier 1 Visa.
Submit applications online, for further information contact Jamie Hancock TEC Group Recruitment Consultant on 0208 544 3423