The position for Structural Discipline Manager in Aberdeen is no longer available
Structural Discipline Manager
* Develop and enhance the discipline through implementation of best practice in the areas of people management, systems and business processes.
* Ensure the technical accuracy and integrity of the design engineering carried out by the discipline.
* Provide staff resources with appropriate skills for project and business requirements.
* Manage Division discipline objectives and budget.
* Administer and implement Company, and where applicable, Client/Project policies and procedures.
* Supervision of discipline personnel and allocation of work.
* Remain abreast of legislative requirements.
* Manage discipline input to proposals.
* Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation.
* Approve all staff appointments within the discipline and where appropriate carry out interviews and inductions.
* Actively support and develop accredited graduate training schemes (where appropriate) and appoint mentors.
* Undertake staff appraisals of senior discipline staff and approve reviews carried out by subordinates.
* Make recommendations with regard to succession planning and promotions.
* Review staff development needs and co-ordinate training requirements.
* Undertake salary reviews for permanent and agency staff within the discipline.
* Undertake and/or delegate discipline technical authority role(s).
* Set and provide technical assistance to Business Development strategies, activities and initiatives.
* Prepare estimates and control expenditure for departmental overheads, and where applicable projects and business development activities.
* Ensure that all staff are aware of and implement applicable legislation, codes, standards.
* Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant engineering technology.
* Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant Codes and Standards.
* Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, vendors, clients, etc.
* UK Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
* Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution
* Technical authority within the discipline as a professional engineer with extensive experience and expertise
* Experienced in the use of codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
* Highly experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
* Experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
* Experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
* Competent in commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
* Experienced in controlling all aspects of discipline design including some multi-discipline aspects
* Highly experienced in quality control / safety / environmental methods and quality assurance / safety / environmental procedures for engineering
* Experienced in producing man-hour and material estimates for most discipline activities
* Experienced in the supervision and management of several discipline teams assigned to a number of projects within a large sized business
PLEASE NOTE: Due to changes in UK Immigration our client can only accept applications from candidates who have a legal right to work in the UK or those who qualify for a Level Tier 1 Visa.
RHL (Recruitment Holdings Ltd) act as an Employment Business and as an Employment Agency.