The position for Technical Safety / Risk Engineers (Oil and Gas Industry) in Aberdeen and Loughborough is no longer available
Technical Safety / Risk Engineers (Oil and Gas Industry)
Our clients are global engineering consultancy, service and solution providers for the maritime and off-shore energy industries.
We are looking for Technical Safety and / or Risk Engineers, at various grades up to and including Principal Engineer. Post holders will either lead or work in teams providing a wide range of safety engineering and risk management services to clients in the off-shore / subsea oil and gas industry. The posts are based in Aberdeen, with some opportunities existing in Loughborough.
• Leading and / or participating in risk assessment studies with clients such as HAZID, HAZOP, FMEA and SIL which may include data gathering at client premises
• Assessing and analysing hazards and risks, safety case development and demonstrating that risks comply with current legislation.
• Carrying out design reviews and studies
Qualifications and experience:
• Degree qualified in Engineering or a relevant scientific / numerate discipline
• At least 4 years experience working in industry in the area of Risk and / or Technical Safety - with some demonstrable practical experience gained in the off-shore oil and gas industry.
• Experience of design or process engineering in the off-shore oil and gas industry.
• Competent in the use of MS Office and specialist software programs such as PHAST.
• Familiar with hazard identification and risk assessment techniques
• Good levels of English - spoken and written
• Flexibility to travel within the UK and overseas if required.
Applicants should note that these are NOT solely HSE roles, but are focussed on Technical Risk and Safety.
Highly competitive salary and generous benefits package
Applicants must be British or EU citizens or be in possession of a valid UK work permit.
Should you feel your experience matches the stated requirements, please apply with your current CV.