The position for Systems Architect in poole is no longer available
Honeywell Analytics are part of a multi billion pound organisation and are World Leaders in the design and Manufacture of Gas Detection Equipment. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to join our successful team based in Poole.
About the role
The role of the Senior Design Engineer is to take a lead in the design of Fire & Gas Systems. You will be responsible for embedded software and microprocessor system specification, system architecture, analysis and development of code for industrial gas detection sensors, fire, safety and control systems.
• Digital system specification and architecture development.
• Development of software verification plans
• Detailed design, coding, and verification
• Compliance with software development process and coding standards
• Product function verification and validation
• Responsibility for project features / smaller projects
• Responsibility for reviewing suitability of project deliverables
• Technical leadership of remote resources
• Previous experience of requirements capture and tracking, UML Graphical Design, Configuration management and Static and Dynamic code analysis
• Experienced in creating operation and installation manuals
• Technical concept documents, specifications and test plans as per the V-model for both software and hardware
• Understanding marketing requirements and implementing those into solutions
• Capability to find the root cause of technical issues
Knowledge of any of the following would be an advantage:
• Embedded RTOSs
• PC Software development (Visual C, C#, Labview, Labwindows)
• Communication protocols (RS485, Industrial Fieldbuses, Ethernet)
• DSP algorithms (FFT, PID, FIR & IIR Filters)
• IEC61508 Functional Safety Standard
• Process improvement
• Team leadership
Honeywell is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell Analytics is part of Honeywell Life Safety (HLS), a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). It is a global leader in many growing industries, including commercial fire systems, smoke and gas detection, personal protective equipment (PPE), and home and hospital patient monitoring. You can find leading-edge HLS technology in the products, software, and solutions all around you, including at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centres, stadiums, industries, and schools.