The position for Quality Planning Engineer in Barnsley, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Sheffield, Rotherham a is no longer available
Quality Planning Engineer
One of our major clients, based in South Yorkshire are looking for a experienced Quality Planning Engineer.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
* To utilise all relevant experience to ensure that projects have a flawless production launch and to provide a robust hand-over to production environment.
* To ensure that customer PPAP approval is gained in a controlled and timely manner.
1. Support the development team from the quotation and concept phase through to production with relevant quality input.
2. Contribute to the development of the product and production processes through support of FMEA creation and development, manufacturing feasibility meetings and other team meetings.
3. Creation of control plans and implementation of the related controls to the production processes.
4. Support other departments on capability and robustness of design and equipment.
5. Monitor and progress launch readiness with particular focus on readiness for run-at-rate and testing and supporting other areas in achieving launch readiness.
6. Use a methodical approach to lead the development team to quick and effective problem solving.
7. Monitor production and customer quality performance and champion the resolution of any issues preventing the achievement of quality targets prior to production start.
8. Prepare and collate all data necessary to provide the customer with a complete PPAP submission and gain their approval.
9. Give full commitment and support for training, communications, health and safety, housekeeping and personal discipline.
10. Key measures will be end-of-line ppm, customer ppm, in-line failures, achieving project gateway deadlines and on-time PSW approval.
* To aid the product and process design by providing members of the development team with relevant statistical quality data.
* Monitor and report on readiness for run-at-rate and production start.
* Liaison with the customer regarding component quality and performance against quality criteria.
* Monitoring and resolution of internal and customer-related issues.
* No direct reports, but takes the lead for decision making in the absence of supervisor, when system, component or product quality is questionable.
* Responsible for correct management of expenses when away on company business.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Knowledge of electronics, metal pressing and small, precision plastic procedures relating to high volume production (essential).
* Computer literate (essential).
* Knowledge and experience in SPC, 8D's and Process Control Plans (essential)
* Knowledge and experience in statistical problem solving (preferred).
* Knowledge and experience in APQP, PPAP and FMEA techniques (preferred).
* Qualified to minimum of HNC / HND in an engineering discipline (essential).
* 3 years previous relative experience in a similar environment (essential).
* Detailed knowledge of high-volume production and manual / semi-automatic assembly (desirable).
* Self-motivated and able to adapt to change, as well as being able to push through change with others (essential).
* Driving licence, as travel (with overnight stops) is required (essential).
You will be paid a basic salary of £29,000 to £30,000 (depending on experience), plus benefits.