The position for Manufacturing Craftsperson in Colchester is no longer available
Opportunity for a Manufacturing Craftsperson to work a rotating three shift pattern (earlies/lates/nights) in the Heat Treatment area of East Anglia’s largest manufacturing facility.
The Craftsperson will be trained to work in the Heat Treatment area where you will run various Heat Treatment operations and perform the following tasks:
1. Loading and repacking of heat treatment loads.
2. Maintain Temper, Seal Quench and Vacuum furnaces, Freezers and Barrel Plant.
3. Inspection of heat treatment loads for correct hardness.
4. On completion of training, set and maintain all processes.
5. Achieve and monitor the agreed output targets by type and volume to the correct quality standard.
6. Communicate with all support personnel.
7. Carry out TPM in line with Maintenance Schedules.
You should have a good engineering background and you must be able to work with oils. The Heat Treatment Craftsperson should be able to work accurately and in a flexible manner and you certainly need to be able to work within a team environment with enthusiasm.
In the absence of Heat Treatment experience, the position may also be suited to an apprentice-served Craftsperson who is happy to be trained in the specifics of Heat Treatment processes.
£27600, including shift premium