The position for Senior Production Engineer - contract in Swindon, Bristol, Bath, Portsmouth is no longer available
Senior Production Engineer - contract
Senior Production Engineer - contract
The Company: Manufacturing organisation based in the South West of England are looking to expand their team of specialist Engineers.
The role provides vital support to Manufacturing, product development and launch activities. The post holder is a key member of an established team responsible for delivering new programmes and the associated assembly and test processes. The post holder will be responsible for working closely with Design Engineering, and Faculty Vendors/Tooling Suppliers, to ensure that the component and system designs meet our required quality and efficiency standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Evaluate and undertake process improvements opportunities to optimise manufacturing processes, methods and machine tool utilisation. Eliminate non-value-added activities.
2) Lead continuous improvement teams and facilitate problem solving activities as and when required. Recommend cost reduction programmes where appropriate
3) Utilise SMED techniques, to reduce set-time and improve machine tool utilisation.
4) Generate detailed justifications to support the procurement of capital equipment.
5) Review and Map processes; support introduction of robust processes by utilising techniques such as PFMEA's and subsequently control the processes using Control Plans etc.
6) Write, prove and optimise programmes for operations completed on CNC Machine Tools; Milling, turning & Wire cutting EDM.
7) Compile process method operation sheets to document manufacturing processes using the company’s core business system.
8) Design and when required draw the jigs & fixtures required to ensure efficient and cost effective manufacturing processes.
9) Verify, maintain and improve operating times for product manufacture.
10) Instigate and ensure the regular completion of machine tool capability studies.
11) In conjunction with the Quality Assurance personnel utilise R&R studies and SPC
as the basis for driving on-going process improvements.
12) Define and implement planned maintenance programmes to minimise downtime.
13) Undertake production trouble shooting, identifying the root cause(s), initiating and implement corrective actions.
14) Undertake operator/supervisor/technician training on processes and equipment where necessary.
15) Provide detailed estimates in support of customer tenders, data to include; source and price Materials goods & services, detailed manufacturing times, etc
16) Support Design Engineering with new product and new process introductions.
17) Support the implementation and subsequently maintain systems and procedures to ensure continued compliance with ISO 9001 Quality system.
18) Undertake other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company.
• Degree level or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.
• Extensive knowledge of machining processes.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of CAD/CAM systems (Edgecam or equivalent).
• Practical knowledge and application of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement techniques, including 5’s, 7 Wastes, 7 Quality tools, TPM and Process Capability.
• Ability to manage own workload and high level of self motivation coupled with excellent communication skills.
• A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
• Computer literate with an understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Project.
• Good communicator at all levels.
The post holder will desirably have, or will be able to develop
• Knowledge and understanding of the challenges of technology development, new product development and new product introduction projects.
• Familiarity with multinational projects subject to US ITAR and UK export legislation
• Experience in the use of industrial MRP, MRP-II or ERP tools.
Location: Swindon, Bristol, Bath, Portsmouth
Duration: 3 month (rolling)
Linea Resourcing is one of the fastest growing technical and engineering recruiters in the UK. Working with many of the UK’s leading engineering and manufacturing organisations Linea Resourcing have developed an enviable reputation for providing effective and high quality staffing solutions to both candidates and clients.