The position for Engineering Team Leader/Principal Engineer in Huddersfield is no longer available
Engineering Team Leader/Principal Engineer
Design Engineering/Mechanical Engineering opportunity - Managerial role – Technical lead – Full Lifecycle Management – Consumer Hard Goods (Pushchairs/Highchairs)
This consumer focussed product development role will see you apply your knowledge & expertise, bringing both stability and rigor to our NPD projects. Better process = better products, this is the chance to shape the future of a growing, global organisation and influence the Mamas & Papas product development programme.
Reporting to our Design Manager, you will operate as the ‘engineering expert’, suggesting improvements and implementing constructive change whilst motivating and leading a team of 4 Design Engineers. You will:
• Act as the lead expert for the business in design engineering disciplines to generate and develop novel solutions to mechanical and detail challenges.
• Validate designs through varied means and communicate both formally and informally with senior management to gain buy in and satisfy the needs of project stakeholders.
• Drive the resolution of technical detail, reviewing engineering drawings and specifications.
• Meet and exceed expectations for project deliverables in terms of design specification, risk assessment, cost targets, investment objectives, design for manufacture and time taken (including BOM creation & management)
• Manage, motivate and inspire the Design Engineering team, and other colleagues, providing direction, setting standards and managing workload.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Ideally you will possess either a degree in engineering, mechanical engineering or design for industry and be keen to adopt an active, hands-on approach which will ensure that all engineering problems are resolved in a thorough and timely manner. Having gained experience in a variety of environments you will be able to demonstrate an in-depth, yet broad, knowledge of products, process, materials, tooling and design for manufacture. Your experience should include:
• injection moulded plastics
• metal pressings and extrusions
• design & tolerance analysis
• safety standards & approvals
• Solidworks (pref.) or other 3D CAD packages (e.g. Pro/E)
If you are passionate about the design and development of mechanisms and assemblies, and keen to evoke change and challenge the status quo, then apply now!