The position for Manufacturing Engineer in Bicester is no longer available
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques: Value Stream Mapping, Bottleneck Management, SMED, 5S + 1 & internal/external auditing processes.
- Proactively investigate, define, propose and deliver ‘Continuous Improvements’ related to all manufacturing & office processes.
- Provide continuous assessment, and implementation (where possible) of the latest manufacturing practices to support the progress of the company.
- Be operationally aware of process waste and actively seek solutions with relationship to cost saving projects.
- Define manufacturing and assembly processes of internally manufactured products and, where applicable, the associated external supply chain supply processes.
- Provide support for the concept, design, manufacture and implementation of jigs, fixtures and tooling.
- Assist in new product introduction & all associated processes and delivery targets, to include: SOP & work instructions, & operational procedures awareness.
- Produce process routings to meet customer specifications working closely with planning & production.
- Management of Production System(s) (Process SOPs, CNC Programmes) to ensure integrity is maintained.
- Maintain a suitable level of network capability with support teams (Planning, Production, and Quality) to ensure that operational support is given and project goals are met.
- Organising and recording the service and maintenance for all plant (TPM)
- Undertake requirements for: Risk Assessments, ISO14001 & all environmental issues as per internal & external audits & weekly safety check lists.
MONITORS, RECORD KEEPING & DOCUMENTATION
- Radar Charts (5S + 1).
- Graphic Running Totals, Monthly monitors and related scoring (5S + 1).
- Updating all related notice boards with KPI monitors.
- Performance outputs: Q, C, D, S, & P set to business performance req’s.
- On Time Delivery monitoring & metrics updating.
- Continuous Improvement projects.
- Management of Maintenance and service records
- Producing SOP’s & work instructions for all processes.
- Reviewing: SOP’s, work instructions, and business related documentation both electronically & hard copy.
Ref: ISO9001 & 14001, AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Ability to prepare related documentation for pre-audit checking.
- Electronic record keeping for both Internal & External audits.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Hands on approach.
- Run continuous improvement projects in tandem.